The iPhone is without a doubt one of the devices that gives the user the most options. It can take great pictures, record videos that are almost as good as professional ones, be your daily planner, and help you make a shopping list in the easiest way possible.
But there are other things you can do with your iPhone that many people don’t know about. For example, you can share the password for the WiFi network you’re linked to. If you want to know how to do it, keep reading and we’ll tell you.
As you’ll see below, the steps you need to take to share the password for the WiFi network you’re connected to are very easy, but it’s still good to know them in case you ever need to. you need it so that you can share it or so that other people can share it with you.
But for these steps to work the way you want them to, you need to keep in mind a few things that we’ll list below.
- First, you have to think about what version of OS you have. It is best if both are on the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS.
- Both the WiFi and Bluetooth connections must be turned on in both devices for it to work.
- If the personal hotspot is turned on on one of the two devices, you have to turn it off.
- Start your iCloud session with your Apple ID, and make sure that both of you have the emails that go with your Apple ID in your contacts.
- Keep the two gadgets near each other.
Steps to share the password for a WiFi network
Once you know exactly what you need to do to share the WiFi network password, you can move on to the steps you need to take. Apple gives people two ways to do this, so if one doesn’t work for you, you can try the other. We begin with the easiest and quickest.
- Make sure the device you’re going to share the password with is unlocked and linked to the right WiFi network.
- Enter settings on the device that isn’t already linked to the WiFi network and click on the WiFi network you want to connect to.
- When you press “share password” and then “okay” on the device that is linked to the WiFi network, an animation will appear.
As we’ve already said, this is the best way to share a WiFi network’s password. But there are times when it won’t work or when the conditions we’ve already told you about just can’t be met. Well, don’t worry, because there is another way to do it that costs a little more but works just as well.
- Go to Settings on the iPhone that is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Click on the “Yo” to the right of the WiFi network you are connected to.
- Select password
- You can get to the secret by putting your face or a fingerprint.
- Just click “Copy.”
- Use Messages or any other texting app to send the password to the person.